Tuesday, January 8, 2013

On to the new year

Well we made it though the new year and Christmas season so now is the time for quilting season. I had hoped that I would have everything all nice and organized by this time but boy was I ever wrong. We've had so many family things going on that I have had to put the organizing on the back burner. For me though, family always comes first. Things have began to get a little bit better and I will be able to move forward with getting all my inventory organized in a way that will satisfy me for now. I would really like to be able to walk in my room!

I have been doing something I've never seen before until I picked up my latest issue of Quilters Newsletter. I was flipping though the pages and saw something about snow dyeing. It looked fun so I tried it. I had a blast,  even my husband got into the act. We don't have much snow left so we are trying to dye all kinds of stuff until the snow is gone. It isn't going to take long since we are suppose to hit the 50s today here in western Missouri. I'll post some pictures when I get them done. The pieces will be on the website for sale (unless I can't bear to part with them). I also have the PFD white Bella cotton on sale on my site for 10% off until January 15. I'll be posting a video on YouTube so you can see me going through the process. If you have any questions just send me a comment or email. By the way~EVERYTHING in the shop is 10% off till January 15. Have fun sewing! Sandy

No comments: