Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Better Finish The Story

I'll have to make a long story very short because I can't tell all the details at this time. The short version is: I got injured by no fault of my own. I was off work for a long time. I had been at this job 10 yrs. I had to have a major surgery and am still recovering from that. I decided that I have always wanted a quilt shop--so I took all my retirement and put it into this shop.  Lots of people have told me I'm crazy--I did get a head injury--so maybe I am, but I'm trying anyway. So there it is, the very condensed version (since I am writing this to you 17 months after the accident). I hope later I can tell you the whole long story--my story. It has been a long heartbreaking and painful ordeal for me and my family.I am blessed that I can still do the things I can and have the chance to open this little shop. Now enough of that--let's get to the fun stuff. I saw the story in Dec/Jan Quilter's Newsletter about snow dyeing.  Well I have to tell you that I have had a blast doing this. I got half of the family helping. It is so much fun! I'll be putting on some pictures for you to see. Some of them will be on my website for sale. I am wishing for snow here in Missouri and I'm sure I'm the only one. Oh well I'll figure out something else, I just don't know what yet.  Be sure to check out the beautiful fabrics that nature helped me make. They will be up soon.
Keep quilting
Sandy

www.bearhollowquilts.com



No comments: