Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I tried Sun Dyeing

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not posted in awhile. We went out of town to one of my favorite places--the North Shore of Lake Superior. I just love it there, not to mention it's much cooler! What a beautiful place.



 Ok enough of that. I could go on forever about the north shore. 
I tried my hand at sun dyeing. I gathered up a few items.
 I added some water to small bowls and added paint to them. I then brushed this on wet fabric. I added some fern leaves and regular leaves (all silk leaves I bought at Michael's). I laid  them around on the wet fabric and placed a piece of Plexiglas over the top so the leaves wouldn't blow off. It's always windy at my house. You should have seen me trying to keep them all down and chasing them around when they blew off the table.


 I left them in the sun for a couple of hours then took off the leaves.

They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but they were drying fast because it was so hot.
I'll give it another chance. It was fun!

Keep Stitching,
Sandy

No comments: